TV, Film & Event Partnerships
Every month we take note of some of the top opportunities for brand partnerships that will commence filming in the near future. Opportunities range from studio driven films and independent features, primetime network TV and anytime SVOD and cable series, to celebrity driven event partnerships that offer PR, photos and social media.
These opportunities offer brands the ability to target specific audiences and obtain global exposure, through product placement integration as well as cross promotional partnerships and licensing, and additional celebrity seeding opportunities. In this blog post we look at the upcoming content and event partnerships for March 2016 and beyond.
New Film Projects (and dozens more going into production soon...)
- Downsizing (Paramount) starring Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon, Laura Linney
- A social satire in which a man realizes he would have a better life if he were to shrink himself.
- Production begins April 2016 in Toronto, ON.
- Release date December 2017
- Fifty Shades Darker (Universal) starring Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan, and Kim Basinger
- In this third installment of the romance trilogy based on the bestselling novels, Christian Grey wrestles with his inner demons and Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her.
- Production begins February 2016 in Vancouver, BC.
- Release date February 2017
- The Justice League Part One (Warner Bros) starring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, and Gal Gadot
- The DC Universe comic book hero characters are brought together for the first time: Superman, Batman, Aquaman, The Flash, Cyborg and Wonder Woman. Earth's greatest heroes are assembled to form the Justice League, to combat a threat beyond each member's capabilities.
- Production begins April 2016 in various locations.
- Release date November 2017.
- Miss Sloane (Independent) starring Jessica Chastain, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Alison Pill, and Mark Strong
- An ambitious lobbyist faces off against the powerful gun lobby in an attempt to pass gun control legislation.
- Production begins Q1 2016 in Toronto, ON.
- Release date TBD 2016
- Why Him? (20th Century Fox) starring Bryan Cranston, James Franco, Zoey Deutch, and Megan Mullally
- Over the holidays, a salt-of-the-earth Midwestern dad travels with his family to Northern California to visit his daughter at Standord, and soon finds himself in a battle for her affections with a brash, eccentric tech billionaire whom she is now dating.
- Production begins February 2016 in Los Angeles, CA and Palo Alto, CA.
- Release date November 2016
New TV Projects (plus 100's of others on network, cable or SVOD...)
- Battle Frog Championships (ESPN) hosted by Ron Pitts and Evan Dollard
- The Battle Frog collegiate and Olympic-style obstacle championships each pit 16 of America’s top obstacle course racing teams in a single-elimination, winner-take-all format. It’s the ultimate test of physical skill and mental will as teams compete for the coveted Trident Cup and a $10,000 Grand Prize.
- Production begins Q1 2016 in Atlanta, GA and will shoot 6 episodes total.
- Airdate Summer 2016
- Casual (Hulu) starring Micaela Watkins, Tommy Dewey and Tara Lynne Barr
- Returning for a second season, the Golden Globe nominated comedy chronicles the lives of a divorcee her bachelor brother living under one roof, as they try to guide each other through the world of modern dating while trying to raise a teenage girl.
- Production begins February 2016 in Los Angeles, CA and will shoot 13 episodes total.
- Airdate TBD 2016
- Gilmore Girls (Netflix) starring Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Scott Patterson and Melissa McCarthy
- Based on the hit '00s series of the same name, Gilmore Girls is set in a storybook Connecticut town and follows Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter Rory. Lorelai owns the town’s bed and breakfast, the Dragonfly Inn, with best friend Sookie, and along the way in her day has to contend with her eccentric, well-off parents.
- Production begins February 2016 in Los Angeles, CA and will shoot 4 90-minute episodes total.
- Airdate TBD
- Homeland (SHO) starring Claire Danes, Morena Baccarin, Mandy Patinkin and Rupert Friend
- When Marine Nicolas Brody is hailed as a hero after he returns home from eight years of captivity in Iraq, intelligence officer Carrie Mathison is the only one who suspects that he may have been turned.
- Production begins Q2 2016 in New York, NY.
- Airdate TBD 2016
- Scream (MTV) starring Bella Thorne and Willa Fitzgerald
- What starts as a YouTube video going viral soon leads to problems for the teenagers of Lakewood and serves as the catalyst for a murder that opens up a window to the town's troubled past.
- Production begins February 2016 in Saint Rose, LA.
- Airdate May 2016
- Set in the city of Chicago, the anthology comedy/series will be as diverse as the city itself, focusing on characters from different neighborhoods and economic backgrounds as they go about their lives searching for meaning and happiness in various ways. Over the course of multiple seasons, the show will take on a quality similar to Boyhood, as we return to these characters and stories in real time.
- Production begins February 2016 in Chicago, IL and will shoot 8 episodes total.
- Airdate TBD
Celebrity Gifting Plus Social Media & PR (with opportunities at every budget...)
- Celebrity gifting opportunities exist with:
- SXSW Festival in March
- Kids' Choice Awards in March
- MTV Movie Awards in April
- Napa Valley's BottleRock Festival (and other music-focused festivals) in May
- Tony Awards (and related Broadway events) in June
- Or year round with our Brands Celebs Love gift bags that are hand delivered to celebrities on the sets of the hottest TV shows and Feature Films! Check it out here!!
So Now What Do You Do?
Like a project or want to chat this month about a few dozen others? Then schedule a call or simply respond to this email and we can start exploring how we can best create your next Hollywood partnership! And don't forget to visit our new Content Library which offers infographics, journal articles and animated videos to help you better understand the world of entertainment marketing!
Have you ever wondered how a comprehensive product placement program works? Or do you want to know how to create a promotional partnership strategy with a movie partner? This video will answer all of your questions as it shows the steps and processes taken by Hollywood Branded that lead to your brand increasing both consumer engagement and sales!