The Importance Of Brand Recognition
The commonly discussed stat regarding advertising is that it takes 7 times for a consumer to see your brand advertised to have enough of an impact to impact purchasing behavior. Yet there is a trick to shortening that number.
That trick? Product Placement. Having your brand in a scene with a celebrity creates true star power and drives higher consumer awareness to purchase your brand. As you increase your brand recognition, sales are positively impacted by consumers who want to purchase what their celebrity heroes use and endorse. In this blog, Hollywood Branded shares the trick to shortening the number of time it takes for consumers to remember your brand.
Entertainment Content Goes Beyond Single Airing
So what's all that chatter about product placement helping to make brands more memorable to consumers?
Well... brands receive greater national and global presence because product placement powerfully impacts numerous markets. Entertainment content you watch lives beyond a single airing.
- Television productions are repeatedly re-airing episodes in the US market and being syndicated internationally,
- Feature films are being distributed throughout the world - first as theatrical release, then by SVOD or DVD, cable and TV
- Music videos are obtaining millions of views online - with fans everywhere tuning in and watching.
Product placement eliminates ad avoidance because the brand becomes part of the content. No other advertising medium offers such a receptive environment to build brand equity.
What The Research Says
Has your brand ever looked at brand recognition statistics for Product Placement? The stats provided by Nielsen and the Association of National Advertisers are pretty convincing evidence that product placement and integration pays off:
- Brand recognition increases up to 29% for product placements during highly enjoyable programs, with 60% of viewers surveyed stated that they felt more positive about brands and 45% indicated that they would be more likely to purchase brands that they recognized through product placement as documented in a January 2012 product placement study.
- The Association of National Advertisers stated that 87% of advertisers believe branded entertainment is the key to TV advertising in 2012.
Case Studies That Back The Claim
Some sample industry case studies demonstrating sales impact from product placement include:
- Etch-a-Sketch (Toy Story) - 4,000% sales increase
- American Museum of Natural History (Night at the Museum) - 20% increase in attendance in 10 days following the film’s release.
- Aviator Sunglasses (Top Gun) - 40% sales increase in 7 months.
- BMW Minis (The Italian Job) - 22% sales increase.
The Power of Celebrities Using Your Brand
To know more about the power a celebrity using a product has to increase sales, read our blog about how celebrity choices make major impacts for brands at retail sale.
It's proven - entertainment marketing works! We conducted a survey to see what consumers and brand marketers think works, and what doesn't. Download the results of the survey today to learn more!