Optimizing Placement Opportunities
When working on product placement integration people often ask us, “What is the best way to make success happen from this product placement strategy?” We’re here to help with seven key tactics that will increase sales when working with product placement companies or doing it yourself!
7 Key Tactics To Make Product Placement Success Happen
1. First, it is important to work with a specialist and expert, like Hollywood Branded, who is well seasoned in the entertainment industry. Working with a seasoned expert who is familiar with product placement strategies can guarantee a fast path to success.
2. You must create a budget. It is important to determine how much money you have for product, shipping, and the agency fee. Keep in mind the importance of the agency you choose - they're not only giving their time and sharing resources, but also their relationships and industry knowledge, which should provide the brand with their destined ROI.
3. It is important to have a plan and determine who you would like to partner with. Decide who the desired target consumer demographic is, and which properties have relevant audiences to fit the brand's marketing goals.
4. Remember, not all exposure is good exposure. Be sure to avoid negative on-screen product usage or verbiage by talking with the production decision makers about how the brand will appear for every exposure opportunity.
5. Be sure to supply, and have on-hand, plenty of products if you're planning a comprehensive program.
6. Make sure that you get in front of the decision makers. The brand needs to be in lots of productions' hands or it will lose out on opportunities that get scripted into bigger wins at the last minute.
7. Finally, make sure that you set realistic expectations. Don't expect every placement to result in success! Many placements won't make the final cut during the editing process - it can be as simple as being a numbers game. Be open to the fact that you will have some okay placements, and you will also have some big wins that will make your competitors cringe.
Read more here about how to understand product placement options. Are you a brand or an agency that have used product placement in your entertainment marketing strategy? If so, join the conversation at blog.hollywoodbranded.com