Why Is Organic Product Placement Better?
Hollywood Branded Inc. conducted a survey exploring the best entertainment marketing strategies used by brands and agencies, and how receptive consumers are to these strategies.
Did you know that the majority of consumers prefer entertainment marketing to other more traditional forms of advertising? The survey yielded that result as well as the fact that consumers find high importance in keeping product placement and brand integration exposure as organic and natural as possible.
Optimizing Your Product Placement Opportunity
As an agency, we follow our own advice when working on client campaigns, and suggest you do as well with these 5 things to keep in mind:
- Brand categories should be mindful of how and where they will most naturally be on a set in a scene, and it should mirror real world usage.
- Keep the placement natural and work with the writers and directors to make the exposure appear as seamless as possible.
- Create presence in Hollywood and help consumers keep you top of mind by participating in dozens of appropriate placement opportunities across numerous productions versus just a single dip of your toe in Hollywood. Repetition, just as with any other advertising medium, is the key.
- Think about how your product will be used to achieve organic placement. It needs to appear real!
- Always remember to utilize social media to capitalize on the exposure. Bring the placement to life on a 3rd screen and start (and engage) consumer conversation.
The survey showcases that the majority of consumers feel positively toward Product Placement calling it "Beneficial, Organic or Informative." And of the 49% who did not state they had a positive association, only 6.5% found it to be annoying or disruptive. From this realize that as a brand, you are not going to offend the majority of your consumer base, and in fact are more likely to engage consumers.
Utilizing the tactics outlined in the infographic will help brands boost recognition and increase sales of your products. When creating a product placement strategy, think about how the product can be used to create a natural integration with the story line. The more organic, the better!
Read more about entertainment marketing sales success here.
Curious to see more from our survey? Download the 2015 survey results here:
Share This Infographic Image On Your Site
Please include attribution to http://blog.hollywoodbranded.com with this graphic.
Download The Infographic