23 Brand Sponsorship Entertainment Marketing Options for Awards Season
Table Of Contents
Lights...Camera... And The Award Goes To...
Every year Hollywood - and the rest of the world - gets on the band wagon to promote their favored movie, celebrity, set design and even song.
We have compiled a list of the top events brands can explore for potential branding opportunities in award season.
When Does It Start:
Studios will spend over $100 million in promoting their favored content, hoping to get big wins come award show season which runs January through February most years. And they start spending - and promoting - months before the big day, all the way back to October and November.
For an inside look for planning next year's activations, take a look at when typical award season "Big Deal" dates are:
- Wednesday, November 19th - SAG Awards Nominations Ballots Mailed
- Monday, December 1st - 2014 New York Film Critics Awards
- Tuesday, December 2nd - National Board of Review Awards Announced
- Sunday, December 7th - Los Angeles Film Critics Awards
- Monday, December 8th - SAG Awards Nomination Ballots Due
- Wednesday, December 10th - SAG Awards Nominations Announced at 6 AM PT
- Thursday, December 11th - 2015 Golden Globe Nominations
- Monday, December 15th - Critics' Choice Movie Awards Nominations
- Monday, December 29th - Oscar Nominations voting begins at 8 a.m. PT
- Friday, January 2nd - ACE Eddie Award Nominations Announced
- Monday, January 5th - 2015 Producers Guild Awards Nominees Announced
- Monday, January 5th - Art Directors Guild Nominations
- Thursday, January 8th - Oscar Nominations voting ends at 5 p.m. PT
- Sunday, January 11th - 2015 Golden Globe Awards
- Tuesday, January 13th - Directors Guild Awards Nominations
- Thursday, January 15th - 20th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- Thursday, January 15th - 2015 Oscar Nominations at 5:30 a.m. PT
- Friday, January 23rd - Final SAG Awards Votes Due
- Saturday, January 24th - 2015 Producers Guild Awards
- Sunday, January 25th - 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Friday, January 30th - American Cinema Editors' ACE Eddie Awards
- Saturday, January 31st - Art Directors Guild Awards
- Wednesday, February 4th - Visual Effects Society Awards
- Friday, February 6th - Final Oscar voting begins at 8 a.m. PT
- Saturday, February 7th - 2015 Directors Guild Awards
- Sunday, February 8th - 2015 BAFTA Film Awards
- Saturday, February 14th - 2015 Writers Guild Awards
- Saturday, February 14th - Cinema Audio Society Awards
- Sunday, February 15th - 2015 American Cinematographers Awards
- Sunday, February 15th - Motion Picture Sound Editors Awards
- Tuesday, February 17th - Final Oscar voting ends at 5 p.m. PT
- Tuesday, February 17th - Costume Designers Guild Awards
- Saturday, February 21st - 2015 Independent Spirit Awards
- Sunday, February 22nd - 87th Academy Awards begins at 4 p.m. PT
What Does This Mean:
So what this means for brands, whether a fashion or jewelry designer, a bottle of celebritory sparkling wine or a must-have because the celebs have brand, there are endless opportunities for brands to create partnerships and get a bit of the star dust themselves!
Learn more about attitudes towards brand integration.
It is important to inplement tactical marketing to get the most out of your brand sponsorships. To learn more about how consumers see brand partnerships with film and celebrities, download our 2015 Entertainment Marketing Survey!