Gain Consumers Through Targeted Marketing
Ah, tis the season to be jolly. Tis also the season to engage and connect with consumers in a Yuletide way. Whether 2018 has proven to be a particularly difficult year to spread your brand’s message or not, the holiday season presents a period of redemption for marketers!
As the holidays are one of the most important times of the year to increase sales, it's important to make sure you're ready to utilize the most effective avenues possible in marketing your brand. In this blog, Hollywood Branded will discuss 5 effective holiday marketing ideas to make the most out of this holiday season.
#1 Seasonal Google Ads
Google Ads (formerly known as AdWords) provide a wonderful opportunity to survey your audience and gain new fans. No matter what industry you may be in, Google Ads provide opportunities to understand the consumer market. Simply create a campaign to target holiday shoppers. If have an apparel brand designed for puppies, then target keywords such as “holiday puppy sweaters” or even “gifts for my little munchkin.” Once this is done, you’ll be able to create specific ads, landing pages, and even a microsite that provide incentives to shop with your store when looking to buy adorable fleeces for Chihuahuas.
If Google Ads sound like the right idea, be sure to always:
- Use seasonal ad copy
- Take advantages of Ad Extensions
- Highlight special offers and seasonal deals
- Entice with urgency using copy like “Buy Now Before It’s Too Late!”
- Make sure you’re relevant and conduct a reexamined holiday-related keyword search.
#2 Instagram Ads
It will come as no surprise that Instagram is the main hub for brands to really be seen. It also provides an excellent home to try out all of those new seasonal ad ideas. Don’t be shy when it comes to splashing a few extra dollars for Instagram ads.
- Video ads can last up to 60 seconds. Bloomingdale has a great example of this when they showcased over 100 products into one stylish interactive video. For the campaign, Bloomingdale’s made four of these videos in total – one for each of its holiday gift guides.
- Create carousel ads by including multiple images and or videos within one ad post. Viewers have the ability to swipe through the ad solo. Whether or not the viewer swipes through all of the images within the post is a direct correlation to how interested they may be, so be sure to place a “Learn More” button that links to your website somewhere within the carousel.
- Well over 400 million people uses Instagram stories daily. That’s quite a lot of people updating about their lives. With this method of social sharing, photos and videos disappear after 24 hours. Brands have the ability to dive in and create their own story ads as well.
#3 Persuade With A Holiday Giveaway
Who doesn’t love a nice giveaway? Get the most out of social media by utilizing its insane reach possibilities. Craft a social campaign that can be distributed across all major social channels, and get creative with your offers. Offer large discount codes on popular products, or even just include free add-ons with the purchase of an order. Be sure to ask followers to comment, share, and like in order to receive the most engagement.
#4 Use Creative Video Strategies
This holiday season, switch up your creative video strategies. Find new ways to connect with your audience via video. Have a webinar coming up soon? Make it holiday themed before blasting it out to the masses. Maybe you’d rather have a video embedded within your website; if so, throw on a Santa Claus outfit and broadcast holiday cheer to hundreds of your most loyal customers.
At least update your social pages with some piece of festive content whether that be an in office cookie bake off, or simply a coworker who finds deer antlers to be extra fitting for work attire. Sometimes, your content must change with the seasons as well!
#5 Don’t Be Afraid Of Emotion
Yes, this may be the only time of year when you can finally pull out all of the stops and create some truly emotional content. Of course, not everyone celebrates the holidays. However, most people are at least aware that the holidays exist.
This is a time when people can take a moment to dwell on the significance of this December season. Don’t be afraid to really tug on the heart strings. Images are extremely important, and humans respond to and process visual data better than any other type of data. Reinforce the brands message through emotional imagery and compelling content. Emotions directly drive action, so try to be lighthearted within your marketing efforts this season.
By taking advantage of the seasonal emotions, brands can find new and exciting ways to spread their message to the world. No matter how small the effort, customers greatly value any type of kindness that incentivizes them. This is the season of giving, so try not to hold back on that mentality. Play on emotion, craft especially thankful campaign ads, and enjoy exploring the refreshing ways to revitalize your marketing efforts this season.
Want more tips and tricks for marketing on social? Check out one or all of the many resources we provide on this topic!
- 10 Social Media Marketing Tips For Small Businesses
- 4 Social Media Platforms You Should Use That Your Brand Probably Isn't
- Why Lower Social Media Fan Base Means Higher Engagement For Your Brand
- Major Social Media Influencer Memo For Brands
- What Brands Should Know About The Power Of Social Media Marketing
Also, check out the various events your brand can get involved in for potential celebrity and influencer interactions in our Hollywood Event Guide for brands.